How to Deal with Insomnia Caused by Lupus?
Lupus erythematosus, commonly known as lupus is an inflammatory disease. Almost 7 out of 10 women in our society are getting affected with lupus. It is 9 times more likely to attack women than men causing problems like insomnia, heart and kidney problems. This article tries to explain how to treat insomnia caused by lupus.
Reasons yet to be found, lupus is a connective tissue disease where the immune system of the body attacks its own organs and tissues. The symptoms of lupus differs both in kind and severity from person to person. Same person may have different symptoms from time to time. Some of the common symptoms include muscle pain, paining joints, lack of sleep etc. If untreated it is a very dangerous disease causing brain, kidney and also heart damage.
The immune system cannot differentiate foreign invaders such as bacteria. It creates auto-antibodies to solve the problem. These auto-antibodies attack everything in there way, this also effect the hormones responsible for sleep.
It is very important to have a proper diagnosis which in turn can be given the proper treatment depending on the requirements and the severity. Some other steps to follow are:
- Drinking alcohol, drugs and smoking should be stopped at the first place.
- Changes in lifestyle and food activities play a major role in the treatment of Insomnia.
- Cognitive therapy is a good solution.
- Light therapy is also used by many physicians to reduce the problem.
- Meditation is one of the latest solutions mentioned by many doctors to get rid of insomnia caused due to lupus.