Lack of Sleep Side Effects
Many people suffer from sleeplessness due to several reasons like anxiety, stress, sleep disorders, poor lifestyle and sleep pattern. Lack of sleep in people may cause side effects like lack of concentration, daytime sleep, irritability, weight loss or weight gain and fatigue. Lack of sleep side effects may disturb the routine of an individual as well.
This condition may also cause a few serious and psychological side effects in the mind of a person. It is very important for an individual to sleep for at least 7 to 9 hours every night in order to lead a happy and healthy life. The following article provides you with a few serious and psychological side effects of this condition.
Get detailed information about the Sleep Deprivation Effects given below.
Psychological Side Effects
Lack of sleep may cause certain side effects like depression, headaches, and lack of energy. The following are a few more psychological side effects caused due to lack of sleep.
- This condition can cause muscle pains in sleep and many people may experience incomplete sleep throughout night.
- Headaches, nausea and dizziness are a few other side effects that are often seen in people suffering from this condition. These side effects may last for at least 2 continuous nights.
- Many people get irritated for very small things the next day and this is considered to be the very first visible symptom of this condition.
- Lack of sleep side effects can lead to hallucinations and loss of memory in many people.
- People suffering from this are susceptible to type 2 diabetes due to improper sleep pattern.
- They are also prone to attention deficit hyperactivity syndrome or psychosis.
Find out more about Behavioral Effects of Sleep Deprivation.
Serious Side Effects
Lack of sleep can cause some serious side effects apart from depression. The following are a few more serious side effects of this condition.
- The growth of hormones gets suppressed due to this condition and this can lead to reactions in higher levels like mood swings, urges for sex, anxiety and stress.
- Psychosis and sleep deprivation are considered as the serious side effects of this condition.
- Healing abilities are usually caused due to lack of adequate NREM and REM and this further effecting the immune system completely.
- Lack of sleep may also cause impairment of abilities and can even make you clumsy.
- This condition can result in causing obesity due to inadequate amount of sleep.