Are you taking sleeping pills or some drugs to avoid sleeplessness or insomnia? Then, here are some far better alternatives than risking your health with those addictive drugs.
Some simple natural tips to help you for a better sleep
- In the first place try to establish a regular bed-time pattern.
- Your bedroom should be made as comfortable as possible.
- Take an evening walk. Fresh air helps you feel refreshed and calm.
- Exercise daily but donâ€™t exercise before going to sleep.
- Make sure your room is quiet, dark and has a comfortable temperature neither too hot nor too cold during bedtime.
- Don’t take a large heavy meal just before going to bed.
- Listen to poetry or slow music before sleep.
- Don’t throw yourself into strenuous physical activity less than 3 hours before going to bed.
- Avoid alcohol, caffeine and tobacco before sleep.
- Drink warm milk with a spoonful of honey before retiring to bed.
- Take a warm bath or aromatherapy bath before sleep.
- Have a cup of chamomile tea before going to bed, which calms down your digestive system, and relieves muscle tension by inducing a sleep.
- Have a cup catnip tea before sleep which induces a sound and restful sleep.
- Cold feet don’t aid sleep. Your feet get cold because circulation is weakest down there, so wear socks to bed during winters.
- Using a plain massage oil or even vegetable oil, gently rub your neck and shoulders in small circular motions using your fingertips, if possible have someone to do it for you.