Even to this very day, science continues to explore the potential effect of music and sounds on sleep patterns.
Insomnia can be treated using many techniques. But music is one of the best factors to treat insomnia which gives immediate results in more than maximum people.
Play some soft, soothing music that will lull you to sleep. There are even cassettes and records with slow music and soothing sounds designed especially to treat insomnia.
The effectiveness of music as a therapeutic tool for insomnias varies from individual to individual. Depending on your likes and dislikes, and the type of sleeplessness you suffer from, you may obtain good results with rhythm. You may get good results from melody or non-linear compositions. You may react to constant repetition, or you may benefit from randomness.
There are many different types of tapes, compact discs and sound making devices in the market that can assist you in the relaxation process.
Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Classical music tapes/CDs provide a great way to put you in the mindset for a good night’s sleep.
Brahms’s “Lullaby”, Mozart’s “Baroque Music”, and “Waltzes” by Strauss feature among many examples of some of the most relaxing classical music available.
- Ambient Electronica (sometimes referred to as “downtempo” or “chillout”) tapes/CDs are t another best choice for music to treat insomnia. These particular tapes/CDs consists soothing melodies, syncopated rhythms and gentle sound effects.
Some great examples of this type of music include The Orb, Future Sound of London, Aphex Twin and Brian Eno etc.
- New Age/Tribal music tapes/CDs mostly feature more organic sounds and diverse non-electronic instruments such as didgeridoos, flutes, harpsichords, chimes and bells.
This type of music especially uses rhythmic drumming, chanting or throat sounds, which is seen in tribal music.
- You can buy prerecorded tapes/CDs featuring various soothing and relaxation sound effects like waterfalls, babbling brooks, wind, rain, whale songs, water drops, and other natural sounds.
- You can also buy some Sound generating machines. These devices come with a variety of preset noises that are conducive to sleep.
When shopping for sleep sound noise machines, it is highly important for you to consider whether the device can play randomly synthesized sounds or can only playback recorded samples. The former, although a bit more expensive, are much better at inducing the sleep than the latter, due to the fact that they mimic their natural counterpart more closely.